Bulbabeast™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Missing No. Connection

3 posters

Go down

The Missing No. Connection Empty The Missing No. Connection

Post  Mike the Jolteon June 24th 2009, 4:45 pm

The Crash in my movie was caused by a similar reason the missing no. glitch occurs
the missing no. glitch:
main method{no cheats}:
in R/Y/B, there is no "real" memory on the cartridge.
your name is saved in hexidesmal slot 000, the empty slot your name is "stored" in during the old man's demonstration.
after the old man finishes his demonstration, you fly to Cinnabar Island and surf along the eastern edge.
Also, this cheat causes an infinite number of the SIXTH item in your bag. usually being a rare candy, hence the title the Rare Candy Glitch.
Reason why this works:
the "shore tiles" are considered as part of the land closest to it. "...species of wild Pokémon the player encounters along the coast are determined by the third, fifth, and seventh characters of the player's name, while their levels are determined by the second, fourth, and sixth characters."source= bulbapedia
with no sprite in slot 000, a scrambled box appears... usually you can identify parts of the boxes as building pieces.
Shown here is the main missing no. sprites:
The Missing No. Connection Missingno
the yellow striped one is only acquired when traded to Y, as the glitch was repaired in pokemon yellow. when traded back, it will revert back to the R/B sprite.

Though the missing no. glitch is exclusive to R/B, it has made appearances in Y via GameSharktm
what nintendo had to say
Nintendo offered this statement when the glitch originally reported:
"MissingNO is a programming quirk, and not a real part of the game. When you get this, your game can perform strangely, and the graphics will often become scrambled. The MissingNO Pokémon is most often found after you perform the Flight Safari Zone Pokémon trick [or Viridian Old Man trick]. To fix the scrambled graphics, try releasing the MissingNO Pokémon."

info about missing no.:
The pokedex entry shows up blank, only showing the name missing no. though missing no.'s cry is long, it will not freeze the game like other glitches will

stats:
The Missing No. Connection Untitled-2

Type effectiveness
Weak to
* Fighting : 2×
Resistant to
* Ghost : 0×
Immune to
* none
Normal effectiveness
* Normal : 1×
* Flying : 1×
* Poison : 1×
* Ground : 1×
* Rock : 1×
* Bug : 1×
* Grass : 1×
* Fire : 1×
* Water : 1×
* Electric : 1×
* Psychic : 1×
* Ice : 1×
* Dragon : 1×
Notes:
* As its primary type is one of the glitch types, which do not have any weaknesses or resistances, this glitch Pokémon has the same weaknesses and resistances as a pure Normal-type

{all info is from http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno.}
{part 1 of ?}
Mike the Jolteon
Mike the Jolteon
Admin

Location : a 9x12 box,on a shelf, in an attic, in a house, on a street, in a town, in a county, in a reigon, in a state, in a country, on a continent, on Earth, in the Milky Way, in Space, and beyond

http://xat.com/International_pokemon_police_HQ

Back to top Go down

The Missing No. Connection Empty Re: The Missing No. Connection

Post  billabong June 24th 2009, 6:12 pm

i remember tryin to do that whith my friends game he wanted to get the ghost 1 but he messed up with the name so we ended up running into level 102 Starmie
billabong
billabong
Elder
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  BonPaladin June 24th 2009, 8:36 pm

billabong wrote:i remember tryin to do that whith my friends game he wanted to get the ghost 1 but he messed up with the name so we ended up running into level 102 Starmie
Never happened to me and I did what you said.
BonPaladin
BonPaladin
Admin

http://z10.invisionfree.com/ElitePokemon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum